In this post, Anonymous Truth PDX lists concerns with OPDXLive.org (aka, “(non)OPDX Lie”) as a portal for streaming and coverage within Occupy. Although it may seem like a helpful idea, this site is concerning, at best, for the following reasons:
- It is run by the group of people who recently used infiltration-type tactics at Occupy Portland Livestream
- At least one of the members also used divisive and infiltrative-type tactics in other groups
- The OPDXLive.org portal is being maintained and run by a private individual on a private server, concerning because:
- It is not administered or overseen by Occupy in any meaningful way
- The owner, “BigJon,” has represented himself as a former NSA contractor
- If BigJon should become unable or choose not to provide the service, it will disappear
- Private portals are a tactic of infiltrators to capture and monitor viewers’/users’ IP addresses and behaviors
- Other malicious software could be covertly added to users’ computers
- In spite of having all the mis-appropriated equipment from Occupy Portland Livesrteam, since starting the new Livestream channel & portal, the OPDXLive contingent have not been very active; they often re-stream other channels/streamers (including the original Occupy Portland Livestream)
- OPDXLive mods, who were beligerent in the previous Occupy Portland Livestream chat room, continue to be discouraging and beligerent to non-mods in the new OPDXLive Livestream chat room; they are typically the only participants on their channel (A recent quote: “The only people talking in here are moderators.”)
- OPDXLive gives extreme preference to its own supporters, and not to unsympathetic channels (eg – the Occupy Portland Livestream)
Bottom line: it would be very easy for this group to encourage OPDX supporters to support their portal, then decide what type of information and coverage they receive (or don’t receive). It is not a fair, representative, or inclusive group, with major security concerns in its implementation. At worst, it is a system for Occupy infiltrators to track or install malicious software on computers of Occupy supporters.
Anonymous Truth PDX highly recommends caution before navigating to OPDXLive.org.